Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Just how important are Power Panties?



You know how it is to be a mom - taking care of everyone else before you take care of yourself...  and new underwear for yourself is the very last thing on the list.  Then next thing you know everything's worn out at the same time, but you're wearing it anyway.  Does this describe you - mom with small children or not?


I remember the first time I heard the term "Power Panties."  I was at an event that Kathryn Perry was presenting and it set into motion a path of self-discovery that I hadn't expected - several years later.


Foundation garments are more than just fabric, elastic and optional lace.  They're a representation of how we feel about ourselves - our foundation.  It took a few years for this to sink in - with a little help from spirit...  


When my dear grandmother died I had a hard time with the grief and my Freddy put some money on the counter and told me to go shopping and not to come back till I spent every penny.  So I got dressed and left with my cash.

I bought new silverware, got a new shower head for Freddy, new washrags for the guest bath and a bunch of other things for the house.  Then I got hungry, so I went to the drive through at Jim & Nicks and got a BBQ slider and some of those corn muffins they make - delish!

I was sitting in the parking lot eating them, when I remembered that event with Kathryn and her story about Power Panties... and I heard Grandma whisper Victoria's Secret...

This surprised me because grandma would never have shopped at Victoria's Secret for herself.  But... she would go with me...

So I finished the muffins and went to Victoria's Secret.  Well... I had a really good time there with a sweet associate who had nothing else to do but help me and it was a good thing I had my card, because we really enjoyed ourselves.

Three years later Victoria's Secret loves me a lot... and my foundation garments reflect the Kate I want to be - not the Kate who always put herself last.  I always get a kick out of choosing underwear for the day, asking myself, "Just how empowered do I want to feel today?"

AND... this doesn't just pertain to women... men's underwear is a multi-million dollar business, too! 

Power Panties are just another tool to add to our arsenal of feeling really good about ourselves from our foundation!
 
In love and light,
Kate

No comments: