Sunday, August 21, 2011

She Asked me, "Do you have Cancer?"


Recently I was shopping for food for the Majik poodle at Samantha's Katz n Dogz when I joined a conversation with another shopper and the sales clerk. The shopper paid for her dog food and told me she would wait for me outside, she wanted to talk with me.

Once outside, she asked me, "Do you have cancer?"

The answer is, "No, I don't."

What I do have is Parry Romberg Syndrome in my face - "progressive hemifacial atrophy" I believe it is called.  From the time I was four till I was in my early twenties the left side of my face was skin stretched over the bone because the fatty tissue had died. Then I had reconstructive micro-vascular surgery that replaced tissue to my face from my tummy and several surgeries since to "make it look better."  Then I put on weight - oy vey...  so between weight gain and gravity (gotta love gravity) some may think I have a tumor.

In the past my reaction was always, ALWAYS very painful.  But this time was different.  My initial reaction was simply surprise.  In those seconds of taking in the words of her question, I wasn't horrified.  I simply - "was."  It has taken me 46 years to get to this place, this wonderful place of accepting "me."

The woman who was speaking to me wanted to share with me a product that is healing cancer tumors - her heart was in the right place.  

Then I spent the next hour standing in the shade amidst the heat of an August afternoon talking with her about her animal communicator, Reiki, her experience with Jesus and mine as well as my work.  I gave her the Happy 11:11! wristband I was wearing and when we parted ways... she hugged me - and I hugged her back.

Funny thing was...  when I went out to run my errands, I kept getting delayed - when I went to close the garage door, an extension cord had mysteriously moved so the door wouldn't close.  Then I had to go to two different Walgreens instead of one so it was at least thirty minutes later when I arrived at Samantha's.

Why was I delayed?  Because my new friend wasn't there yet and she had a very important mission.  She was going to ask me if I have a tumor in my face and I was going to realize just how far I've come in accepting and loving me.

Most of us have things about our physical appearance that we would change.  The lingering, life time affects of Rombergs is one of the reasons I freaked out so much when Jesus told me ten years ago of the public work I would be doing through the Soul Kisses website.  Now it all simply "is" and life is good. 

Good or bad life experiences are of judgment - a perspective if you will - my perspective for me - your perspective for you.  It is how we "see" things that define who we are.  I've been given wonderful tools these past years to help me shift my perspective of how the worlds "sees" me from the pain of being a "victim" to listening with an open heart to the love that may be behind the questions.  

...and I am grateful.

The energies that are sweeping our planet are in full support of acceptance, nonjudgment and unconditional love - healing in all forms.  You have the power to tap into the God Part within you to heal the pain of this lifetime as well as past lifetimes.  Ask your angels for their help to light your way and open your heart to all the joy life has to offer.

In love and light,
Kate

No comments: