Thursday, November 1, 2012

Reconnect with Love during the Holidays

Yesterday while I was out I noticed Christmas decorations at a local shopping center.  This year has practically evaporated!  Since the holidays last year everyone on the planet has experienced significant changes in their lives.  Many have lost loved ones, including me, and this will be the first Thanksgiving and Christmas without their physical bodies.

On my birthday this year the absence of my grandmother's physical voice was deafening.  Her love always made me feel very special. I looked forward to my birthday and would put a candle on the cake for every year of my life.  Granted the cake has become quite the fire hazard, but nonetheless, all the candles had to be on there and lit.  This year I just wanted to get through the day - no cake, no singing and no candles.  The sadness of the first birthday without Grandma was very painful, but I (we - my family and I) got through it.  My grief was so strong I could not feel her with me, although I knew she was here.

Then almost two weeks later my brother had a birthday.  I was in a much better place, embracing joy and setting my intention to laugh each day.  That morning Grandma woke me up kissing me on the forehead.  Then her spirit sat down beside me, took my hand, like I had taken hers so many times last summer, and she talked with me.  Just how special was that?!!

A day or two later as I made the bed I thought about the coming holiday season.  Immediately I remembered Grandma's physical body won't be here to call or honor with a special gift.  Then an angel whispered in my ear...  "You haven't spent Thanksgiving or Christmas with Grandma for years.  This year she will be with you in spirit!"

OMG - of course she will!  This was a perspective I had not anticipated - my heart began to sing with joy and anticipation!  Grandma will be here for Thanksgiving and for Christmas!

I share the experience of taking in this new perspective because for many of you this will be the first holiday season without someone you love - or the second or twenty-second...  No matter how long they have been physically removed from Mother Earth, the love lives on - and they are only a thought away.  

Today the veil between our worlds is thinner than it has ever been and tomorrow it will be even thinner.  Those you love are not buried or ashes.  They are love and light and they are here.  Take a deep breath and open your heart to the love and joy that they are.  Embrace the joy of reconnecting with them and welcome them!  Sit down and have a conversation with them.  Ask for a sign that they are still with you and allow yourself to have the eyes to see and accept the validation!

The holidays can be the most stressful time of year.  Many times we feel alone and often a little lost.  Set your intention now to experience love, joy and laughter this holiday season with those you love - especially those who are of the angelic realm!

In Honor of Grandma
I've added a page to the Soul Kisses website in honor and celebration of my grandmother's life.  You may read it by clicking here.  Again, I thank all of you who supported Jesse, Grandma and I with your loving thoughts and prayers!

I send love and light to each of you reading this.  May your heart open easily to the guidance and love of your team of the Angelic Realm.

In love and light,
Kate

No comments: