Tuesday, July 23, 2013

16 Minutes with Roland Comtois

This week we celebrate Roland Comtois' new book, 16 Minutes: When One Breath Ends, Another Begins.

When I received Roland’s first book, And Then There was Heaven, I could feel the love radiating from within it before I lifted the cover.

It was with this knowledge that I knew 16 Minutes… When One Breath Ends, Another Begins would be very special – and it proved to be more than I could have imagined. I was profoundly gifted by Roland sharing a copy of the digital file of the book before it was printed.


16 Minutes… is the most beautiful book I’ve ever read! From the first paragraph I was welcomed in… to a pool of love so powerful that I was magically transported from my office in Colorado to quietly… reverently… sit with Roland and his mother as she breathed au revoir… for now. An understanding of a life well lived through love engulfed me and I didn’t feel so alone in my own grief.

Having recently lost the physical presence of my dear grandmother (who, when she was younger, resembled Roland’s mother), I was vulnerable to the abyss of grief that Roland so honorably shares. (As mediums, people are surprised that death of a loved one hurts us so much, but we too, are human and must grieve the physical loss.) With each word I identified from my soul with the pain of physical loss that defies human description.

Yet... through the pain, I felt the healing shift from the all consuming sadness and powerlessness of grief to the joy of miraculous... unconditional… love. Through the pain I was embraced by the gentle whisper of hope and the promise of reuniting in a different way that is sweet and certain.

As I read, I felt the peaceful energy of Roland’s mother’s loving spirit gently guiding my finger to scroll the mouse – I could not stop reading! The love of mother and son touched me deeply and I experienced the assurance that continuing to live a human life of joy and laughter without our deceased loved ones is okay.

My soul fragments scattered by grief began to return to me and I’m finally comfortable in my new, redefined skin – no longer a granddaughter – as Roland is no longer a mother’s son. Finally, I feel the gentle tingle of joy at the new definition of “normal.”

Roland’s journey rekindles the distant memories of moments of the past with dear ones whose physical bodies no longer walk the soils of Mother Earth. This gift of remembrance, ignites the flame of eternal love… And the healing of grief begins in earnest… 16 minutes, when one breath ends, another begins…

You may purchase 16 Minutes from Roland's website by clicking here: http://blessingsbyroland.com/store/

If you are grieving the loss of someone you love - or your loved one's body is "failing to thrive" know you are not alone in your grief. Your angels and I send you love and hold the safe space for healing through the pain of grief.

In love and light,

Kate

No comments: