Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hawaii in the Living Room...

There weren't very many things that Grandma wanted to do in her life, but she did have a short Bucket List.  The only thing she didn't get to do on that list was go to Hawaii.  Grandma is afraid to fly.

So...  Grandma and I searched the internet for a picture of a Hawaiian sunset and with permission of our landlord I painted a mural of it on the living room wall.  Now when Grandma wakes from sleeping while in her chair in the living room, she'll open her eyes to a Hawaiian sunset (and when she is bed bound, the Princess hospital bed will be moved into the living room and she'll still see it).  The wall is approximately 17 feet wide by 8 feet tall.

This is the mural:








 

Grandma stayed awake watching me while I painted it.  She was in charge of making sure I didn't mess it up!

Days with names have ceased to exist.  Now we are living in each moment embracing the love to be found there.  Today Grandma had a really great morning and while she was bright eyed and bushy tailed we had a chocolate milk drinking contest and arm wrestled her!  We videoed her winning the contest and beating Jesse and I shamelessly at arm wrestling.

She laughed and laughed and laughed.

Some days Grandma is awake most of the day and some days she sleeps all day.  Most of the time she only nods her head when we talk with her, but sometimes she pops out an entire sentence - like this morning and we rejoice hearing her voice.

Several nights ago when I went to bed I heard Grandma call my name, but her physical body was sound asleep in her Princess bed beside me.  I could clearly see her in my mind's eye.  She was probably 40 years younger and looked just beautiful.  Her voice was very strong and her eyes were bright and full of mischief and love.  She told me she wanted me to know that she was just fine among other things!

Even though the voice of our loved ones may become trapped in their physical body, their higher self can still communicate with us.  They may come to you or you may initiate the communication by setting the intention with an open heart, ask permission to speak with them then allow the connection.

If you need help communicating with a loved one who can no longer physically communicate with you, you may use the method I do when I wish to connect with Grandma when she isn't physically speaking using the Communicating through Dementia guided meditation and/or the Alzheimer's Alternative Care program.

If you need help communicating with your angels, deceased loved ones or loved ones who are still living but are no longer able to use their physical voice click into the programs listed below to discern if they resonate with you:
Communicating with Your Angels CD/manual with the With Love from Your Angels Workbook and Journal
Sacred Space ~ Build It and They Will Come
Alzheimer's Alternative Care program
Communicating through Dementia guided meditation


In love and light,
Kate

No comments: