Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is Victim Mind-Set?


Victim mind-set or victim mentality is a little sneaky.  Things happen in our lives that make us feel uncomfortable.  Things that make us feel like we are a victim of the situation - we rationalize that we were minding our own business and this "other person" did something or said something to us that was inappropriate and we feel like we are a victim - some times we do this subconsciously - yet the energy is still very powerful.

From the physical world stand point, these feelings of being a victim are justified.  From a spiritual world stand point, this simply is not the case.

When we allow ourselves to be a victim, we give our power to others and/or the situation and we are then power "less."  Feelings of being powerless are outside of love in the lower vibration of fear.  This creates a cycle of creating more in our lives of that victim/fear vibration.
 
I've experienced this myself - many times - oy vey... many times...  I've learned that the lower vibration of the fear of victim mind-set has held me hostage most of my life.  This fear has been a HUGE block that has prevented me from manifesting the life that I desire for years.  I would get close, but just... not... quite... there... to make the shift fully into love source and that victim mind-set subconsciously held me back.  Now I can clearly see how this fear in the form of victim mentality was my jailor.   
 
What about you?  If you step back from your life and take a look at it as an observer, what do you see?  Are you flowing in love energy creating the life that you desire or are you stuck in victim mind-set, albeit subconsciously, creating more things of that lower energy that you don't want? 
 
Look within, discern any relationships or life events that stir resistance within your heart - identify the pain of being the "victim" and open your heart to face, disconnect and heal from it.  Do this with all areas of your life.  Know that you are in a safe space at this time and be gentle with yourself as you move through this process.  
 
For me, I know when I've moved fully out of victim mind-set when I can sincerely send love to the person or life situation that initiated the victim energy.  If you cannot do that when you think back to the situation, look within again to discern what else is hiding there needs to be faced, disconnect and healed.
 
Tools to release victim mind-set and shift to love source:
* Prayer
* Meditation
* Daily Soul Kiss - click here to receive yours
* Forgive the Unforgiven - Healing Trilogy meditations - click here to learn more
* Communicating with Your Angels Self Study Class - click here to learn more
* Disconnect the Cords to Heal the Wounds of Your Heart ~ new program ~ click here to learn more
* Power of Two Spiritual Coaching - click here to learn more
 
I've learned that when these deep seated fears are healed, golden opportunities unfold and are offered to me. Avalanches of abundance in all areas of my life sweep into my reality and life takes on a balanced sense of peace that is filled with love.
 
Know that the energies sweeping through our planet fully support you in facing and disconnecting from all things painful to heal the wounds of your heart.
 
Know that your angels, guides and teachers are with you in every moment of your existence here - whether you feel them or not, they are with you and always will be.
 
In love and light,
Kate

No comments: