Monday, June 7, 2010

True Healing Begins with Me

The past few months have been challenging at best - moving, settling in, freezing in my office and now I fractured my ankle.

Thank you universe for this blessed opportunity to focus on me!

As humans we get caught up in all the "things" we feel we must do each day and we forget or feel we don't have time to honor ourselves. I've learned the hard way that we cannot take care of others until we've cared for ourselves.

My dear friend, Jennifer Hoffman, channels Archangel Uriel. In one of her recent newsletters he talked about the things we don't really need to do falling away and losing their importance. I have definitely experienced this on many levels for many different things.

One thing I discovered is that I must be willing to change the need within me to experience the feeling of not having enough time. I must be willing to release the need to feel overwhelmed, for if I don't, I feel as if I've been beaten up at the end of the day. When I allow myself to release this need, I find myself much more peaceful and balanced at bed time, however, clearly I still wasn't giving my body and spiritual self the nurturing necessary.

So the universe has taken my growth a step farther to focusing my healing energies on me through this fracture.

In the beginning I was angry - very angry that I hurt myself by falling. Then I was able to shift into my knowing that there is perfection in all life situations and events - even though we may not "see" them. Now I am practicing gratitude for this opportunity to work from within to discern what is in my highest good - both physically and spiritually. What a blessing! What I am experiencing now will help me in all avenues of my spiritual growth and physical practices.

I'll be honest, the pain and uncomfortable-ness does interfere with my progress, but clearly when this occurs I'm reaching too far for what I want. I live in an abundant universe - if it is mine, I don't have to reach too far for it, through my intentions I will draw to me what I desire. I must live from a source of love in not only patience, but wisdom by listening to the quiet soft voice from within.

Are you making time for yourself? What have you done to nurture yourself today? This week? This month? If you can't think of anything, please step back and evaluate your desires.

The negative energies circulating throughout our global community are harsh. Your job, first and foremost, is to nurture, heal and care for you! Then you will be able to care for others

Blessings of love and light to you,
Kate

No comments: