Sunday, October 25, 2009

How to Survive Feeling Like a Deceased Loved One is Still With You...


Our heart felt sympathies to those who have lost a loved one.

When we lose a loved one to death of their physical body, they really aren't lost. Our physical brain and physical world teachings tell us they are lost, gone forever, but our spiritual essence knows they are still with us albeit in another form. The grief we experience after the death of a loved one takes us to another world - a surreal reality where we function as if on autopilot often times feeling as if we are drowning in sadness.

As the days and weeks pass at times we may feel as if our loved one is still with us, feeling their presence with a tickle of joy in our hearts. Our human brain then steps in and tells us they are dead - gone. Yet... there it is again! That tickle of joy that reminds us of them. What is this? It is our loved one in spirit form - still with us.

On October 31, 2005 my dad, Big Jim, died during open heart surgery. Within a few hours of my being told he had died he was here, at my house, in spirit form causing my poodle puppy, Majik, to growl. I knew he was here. I could feel it - I could not see him, but Majik could. As the days and weeks passed, Daddy came back often chatting with me and giving me fatherly advice. One day as I was raking leaves the bag kept falling over so I asked him to help me - he informed me he didn't like yard work while living and he wasn't going to do yard work as a dead person. Yup, that's my dad, same sense of humor!

I began to share my visits with Daddy with the Soul Kisses readers, then he started dictating an article for the Soul Kisses newsletter. Next think I knew he wanted to write a book about our continued relationship since his death. Together we wrote Waiting in the Other Room to help those who FEEL their deceased loved ones are still with them, but they think they are unable to validate it. Our prayer is that our story will help others to not only survive the loss of a loved one, but to continue their relationship for Love Never Dies - it lives on in spirit form!

Also included in the book is the method I used to communicate with my grandfather while he was living with Dementia and could no longer communicate. I was able to connect with his higher self and give messages to my grandmother that gave her great comfort as his physical body failed. The messages amazed me leaving me in no doubt that we were, indeed, communicating through our higher selves with 700 miles between our human bodies.

Waiting in the Other Room provides tools to help move on with life without our loved one including a meditation to connect with them. To get your copy click here. Be sure to register for the drawing of the prizes and to receive the wonderful bonus gifts from our sponsors!

May you recognized and embrace the love of your deceased loved one!

In love and light,
Kate

Communicating Through Dementia

Sacred Space ~ Build It and They Will Come

No comments: