Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Expectations and Detachment

Day 17 of 31 Days to Fulfillment!

I've been working every day for weeks and weeks. I took off today and enjoyed the semi-fall weather of Colorado in September. The only expectation I had for the day was to relax and open the new watercolors and brushes that I bought months ago and begin my pictures for the Holy Grail Oracle Cards.

I slept in, then had a late breakfast and finally made it to the backyard with watercolors, brushes, paper, water and paper towels. It was cool enough I had to wear a jacket even though the sun was out. The wind picked up and my hair got in the paint just a little, but so what? The clouds rolled in with the breeze and it sprinkled just a little.

Both puppies would join me, then go inside, then join me and sit beside me requiring a pat on the head. I painted till my neck was stiff from sitting so long. My family joined me for dinner and actually admired my paintings without critiquing - what a wonderful day!!!

Oh my goodness, should I pinch myself?

As humans, we often create expectations of how situations and/or events will be and are disappointed. This day I practiced detachment in how my day would evolve and it evolved perfectly - just perfectly!

Do you place expectations on events, situations and people? Do you get disappointed? What about detachment? How often do you incorporate detachment into your daily expectations?

May your dreams be big, your detachment be effective and your receipt be abundant!

In love and light,
Kate

No comments: