Monday, June 11, 2012

Why worry, it will probably never happen...

In Florence Scovel Shinn's book, The Game of Life and How to Play It, she states:

The object of the game of life is to see clearly one's good and to obliterate all mental pictures of evil.  This must be done by impressing the subconscious mind with a realization of good.  A very brilliant man, who has attained great success, told me he had suddenly erased all fear from his consciousness by reading a sign which hung in a room.  He saw printed, in large letters this statement - "Why worry, it will probably never happen."  These words were stamped indelibly upon his subconscious mind, and he has now a firm conviction that only good can come into his life, therefore only good can manifest.

Last week a terrible storm came through the town in Arkansas where we are living.  There was tornadic activity sighted a few miles from where we are.  I was working at my desk and Jesse was getting "alerts" on her cell phone.  Yes, Jesse's cell phone is as an appendage to her body, so I was being updated moment by moment.

We don't have a storm cellar where we are, so I asked the angels what is the safest room in the house and they told me the closet in my office.  There were boxes of Grandma's things stored in there, so Jesse pulled everything out, made sure there were no spiders lurking or hanging and prepared everything in case we needed to load Grandma in the Princess Chair, grab the boys and barricade ourselves in there - all while I sat at my desk working.

Finally in exasperation she asked me, "Aren't you worried?"

It was then that I realized I really wasn't.  The storm raged outside with lightening strikes all around us, the wind howled and rain hit the windows like bullets while I calmly worked at my computer.  I told her I wasted many an hour being terrified when storms came through here when I was a child and the worry changed nothing.

The storm abated and we finally went to bed.  Then at 2:30am it started again with a vengeance.  Grandma and I share a room -  Grandma in her Princess bed and me in a queen bed.  Next thing I knew Jesse and both boys (Majik & Jayden Michael) were in bed with me.  Jesse was filling me in second by second with "alerts" from her phone - including radar images.  Thunder would boom and rumble rattling the windows, then Grandma would snore - at least one of us was getting some sleep!  This went on for about 45 minutes, then I finally asked Jesse to check my email .

I knew if we heard the roar of a tornado the angels were with us to help us get into the closet, or to take us home - I still wasn't worried.

Worry is a sneaky low vibrating fear energy.  It robs us of experiencing pleasure of the moment, disguises opportunities and steals our joy.  When you realize that you are "worrying,"  please stop and pull yourself out of its clutches and let it go.  Like Florence's "brilliant man" said, "Why worry, it will probably never happen."  If "it" does happen, you'll fair better if you're in a state of calm instead of an anxious state of worry and if it doesn't happen, you'll have wasted your time vibrating in the energy of worry!

If you haven't met your Worry Angel, you may meet him/her by setting the intention, connecting with the angelic realm and asking for his or her name.  If you need help, the first day of the 5 Day Mini Vacation with Your Angels program will introduce you.

Remember, worry is of the lower vibration of fear and fear is an illusion.  Open your heart to the knowing deep within you that you are fully supported and divinely connected, as One with God.  You have the power to release the lower vibration of worry and create the life that is the desire of your heart.

So be it... and it is...

In love and light,
Kate

No comments: