Thursday, October 25, 2012

Breathe through the Pain of Grief with Roland Comtois & Kate

Today when I pulled back the window shades I was greeted by several inches of snow.  The Majik poodle was thrilled - the only thing that would have made him happier is to go outside naked instead of wearing a snowsuit!  When we came back in I removed his snowsuit and wrapped him up in a towel and helped him pull the snow out from between his toes (he wasn't wearing any shoes...).

Then a wave of grief that my grandmother recently died swept over me and I started to cry.  Majik licked my face, then just snuggled against me while I sobbed.  When I gained control of my emotions I looked him in the eye and said, "We miss grandma, don't we?"  To which I "heard" from him, "I see her all the time, I don't know what your problem is!"  ...and I laughed!

It was in those moments that I realized the wave of grief was initiated because I felt Grandma's energy with us.  She was enjoying - for the first time - Majik playing in the snow!

Even though I often talk to loved ones who have died and are now in spirit, I'm still human and I grieve.  Grief has its own schedule and there are no rules.  It just is.

Roland Comtois and I are walking similar paths.  We communicate with spirits of loved ones whose physical bodies are deceased and we know they are all okay, but we still grieve the loss of the physical presence of those we love who have died.

Know that our loved ones whose physical bodies have died are but a breath away.  No matter how alone you feel, they are still with you and you are surrounded by angels to bring you comfort as you grieve and heal.  


In love and light,
Kate

No comments: