Thursday, May 8, 2008

I am my own flashlight to light my way...

Why are so many of us afraid of the dark?

I've felt the rush of adrenalin when I've stepped outside alone in the dark and there is a rustle in the corner of the yard that I cannot see the cause. If Majik barks and runs in that direction my heart kicks into full gear too. I really don't like that feeling. Oh yes, and then there is the emotions the body slices through when wakened by a noise during the night and you're the only one in the house and you can't remember locking the door, or even closing it... I really don't like that feeling... Or WORSE, you get up in the morning and go downstairs to discover you left the dining room door open all night (before the arrival of Majik, the Wonder Poodle) and you just
pray that the night was too cool for a snake to crawl in to take up residence... Now there's a rush...

The daily Soul Kiss for May 12, 2008 is: I am the light of God - I am my own flashlight to light my way through the dense physical world.

Don't you just love this? If one wraps their mind completely around this statement, then there is no room for fear, for in theory we would always "see" the path. Ahhh, and then there is the realization that the path is then within us... We are the light, we are the pathway... we are part of The Creator of All That Is - we are One... Embracing our "oneness" with The Creator means experiencing our existence from a basis of love and in love there is no room for fear. What would life be like?

The media practices striking fear into our hearts on a daily basis. We are continually bombarded with information that is negative - then there is the fear we have brought forward into this lifetime from past lives. How do we deal with this? How do we maintain living our lives from a basis of love?

As I evolve spiritually I continue to peel away the layers of centuries and hundreds of lifetimes of "negative issues" - including "fear issues." After Big Jim transitioned, I really worked hard at looking within and releasing fear and thought I was done with it. How naive of me. Then when Jesus told me to give him my fear, and I took off a coat of armor of fear and gave it to him, I was horrified because I didn't know I still had so much fear! But after giving it to Jesus, that fear was gone. Again, I thought I was "rid" of fear. Still naive...

In finding more fear within me, I thought I was not truly releasing it. Now I understand that I am growing spiritually and I am releasing it, but there are still layers to peel away throughout my journey of spiritual ascension. Now that I have realized it, instead of being discouraged at discovering more fear hidden deep within, I celebrate the discovery, because now I may rid myself of it and step into the next phase of my spiritual evolution.

What tools do you use to dissipate fear in your life?

May your life be based in love...
Kate

No comments: