Sunday, September 15, 2013

We are safe! Thank you for your calls, emails and prayers!

It has started to rain again where I am in Colorado.  We've had over 18 inches of rain in the past few days here in Aurora, a suburb of Denver.  My family and I are safe.  I want to thank you, each and everyone of you for your calls, texts, emails and prayers!

The devastation of the flooding here in Colorado has been hard to comprehend.  When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, I was so grateful I would not experience such a disaster from a hurricane as I prayed for those who were trapped in the water.  But now the water is here, not from a tornado or hurricane, but simply from rain ...avalanches of rain.  For the past week we've been "in the clouds" instead of under them in our mile high city.  They have hung low, dark and full of lightening, then a sprinkle starts and before you can get inside the deluge begins as if the clouds were buckets and they turned over - and it keeps coming down...

For many life has changed forever as they have had to close their businesses and evacuate their homes.  Entire houses have been washed away with their occupants inside.  The national guard, along with soldiers and helicopters from Ft Carson have evacuated hundreds of people.  Our governor was surveying the damage from a helicopter, during a time that the rain had temporarily stopped, when they came across victims in need of rescue.  The pilot landed within feet of the raging Big Thompson river and picked them up along with their pets and they were safe!

I've been sharing with you that this month of September is a time to plant seeds of prosperity.  In light of all this tragedy, this could not be more true.  As spiritual beings we must hold fast to the hope of survival and possibility of recreation.  I admit, I am human and as an empath the drain of the fear and pain of tragedy around me has pulled me into an abyss of helplessness in dark moments, but with great faith, I call in my angels to lift me out to send love and light to rescuers and victims alike.

Yesterday morning it was beautiful where I am - lush and green and the sun was shining.  It was hard to believe just a few miles away water was destroying lives.  Then within a few hours the rain started again dumping over four inches of water and feet of hail, reminding me of the fragility of reality.

Colorado as a whole has been hit hard by this cleansing of Mother Earth.  Please join me in prayers of strength, hope, and love for all who have been affected here and elsewhere.

I pray that as you are reading this, you are safe - no matter where you are and what your circumstances, may your life path be illuminated with the light of love, hope and possibility - chasing away any shadows of fear in all directions of time.

In love and light,
Kate

No comments: