Thursday, December 13, 2012

Grief and Holidays...

The holiday season can be very stressful due to all the hustle and bustle of families getting together, traveling, completing your "to do" list, not to mention people being away from work – both physically and mentally! But when you add grief to the mix, it can be very challenging to see the joy of the holidays, much less experience it.

And then there is the thinning of the veil between our physical world and that of the angelic realm where our loved ones exist whose physical bodies have died. This ascension of love energy to more closely match that of the angelic realm that we and Mother Earth are experiencing has increased exponentially this past year and continues to expand in all directions of time.

On the one hand, it is a very exciting time. On the other, it can be even more painful.

My grandmother passed July 29 of this year. I’ve been feeling better, but recently I felt a huge wave of grief envelope me as a thought of my grandmother popped into my head. I sat down in the chair sobbing (because I’m human, too, and I must allow myself to grieve) and Majik (the poodle) jumped into my lap. I hugged him close, then looked him in the eye and asked if he misses Grandma, too?

Without hesitation I clearly heard him say with some confusion, “I don’t know what your problem is, I see her all the time!”

Needless to say, I was surprised, then… in my mind’s eye, I saw her sweeping my kitchen floor! ;) I had to laugh! I cried through the grief, then I experienced laughter.

It was then that I realized that it was Grandma’s energy coming in to see me that initiated the wave of grief in the first place! Hmmm… well, in that case the experience wasn’t so bad - it was comforting!

This year I won’t be able to call my grandmother on the phone to wish her Merry Christmas or Happy New Year (or just chat at least twice each week). When I began to fret about this an angel whispered in my ear reminding me that I haven’t had the opportunity to spend the holidays with her since the 80’s, but I will this year! She won’t be here in physical form, but she will be here in spirit. She’s here now watching over my right shoulder as I type this – but she’s a little distracted with the other loving spirits in the room!

Grieving isn’t only for loss of life, it can be initiated by the loss of a way of life - including, but not limited to:
Death of a human loved one or pet
A child leaving home
Loss of a home or job
Loss of a relationship
Reliving the trauma of a tragedy

Tools to help breathe through the grief:

  Consciously breathe deeply – we often hold our breath when we are stressed. Our angels communicate with us through our breath, so breathe deeply to help your physical body feel better and allow your heart to open to the comfort of those of the angelic realm.
Before getting out of bed, ask your angels and set the intention to experience joy and laughter at some point during the day.
Allow yourself to experience the grief, then shift your focus on the love you have between you and embrace that love – allow the love to pull you from the depths of despair and experience the joy and comfort of the love. Close your eyes and allow yourself to feel the energy of your loved one. Allow yourself to experience fully the love that they send to you through the veil, from the angelic realm. Then “allow yourself” to carry that love throughout your day without guilt.
Read a book that is written with love and humor about the experiences of others who have experienced physical loss. My recommendations: Waiting in the Other Room written by my dad and me, of course, And Then There was Heaven by Roland Comtois, however, there are many good books out available. Your loved ones in spirit will guide you to the right book.
Talk to someone and let them know that you aren’t asking them to “fix” your grief, you just need an ear (or eyes if you’re emailing) and for them to send you love. (It is okay to ask for others to send you love)

When someone is experiencing the deep profound pain of losing someone they love to death of the physical body, it sounds weak from a “mainstream” viewpoint to say, “I’m praying for you” or “I send you love.” But the truth is – the amazing real truth is - that love is more powerful than anything – ANYTHING! Love heals and Love is all Powerful!

The intense pain of feeling “loss” never goes away, but it heals to a higher level of love when you allow it to.

I invite you to join me for tonight’s Spiritual Whispers radio show. I’ll be sharing tools and stories to help you if you’re grieving – or not grieving – to flow in ease and grace through this holiday season. And I’ll share some private thoughts about my personal grieving process. I will also share the last thing my grandmother said to me before her physical body passed and what happens when we “let them go” sincerely from our heart.

Oops, Grandma just reminded me, we’ll also experience a shielding exercise with the angels of the angelic realm and the earth angels to help make this time easier!

There have been times in my life when I’ve been so far down that when I’ve heard the sound of my own laughter, I was surprised, because I had not heard it nor experienced it for so long. Physical life is toooooooo short. Yes, we must allow ourselves to grieve, but we must also allow ourselves to “Live.” Living and experiencing joy and laughter is exactly what our loved ones want us to do – and when we do, they FEEL that joy and laughter just like we do!

I send you love and light sincerely from my heart to each of you reading this.  Please put your right hand on your left shoulder - your left hand on your right shoulder and accept a physical cyber hug from me!

In love and light,
Kate

No comments: