Thursday, August 30, 2012

ElderCare - Hope & Help from ElderRage


I'm very excited to announce that Jacqueline Marcell, author of ElderRage ~or~ Take My Father... Please!, will be my special guest on tonight's Spiritual Whispers radio show. 

I received ElderRage from Barnes and Noble last Saturday (receiving books in the mail is like Christmas!) and began to read it right away.  Between sharing my time with work, family and reading, I finished it at 12:52am Tuesday morning.  It is a must read for anyone who is or will be caring for an elderly loved one. 

As I read of the trials, tribulations, horror, love and blessings of Jacqueline's experiences, I realized there were sections that she could have been writing of this past summer as Jesse and I cared for my grandmother as her health declined, and I was comforted.

Jacqueline shares from her heart the pain and the love of the journey she shared with her parents who both suffered from a form of Dementia. She intimately shares the initial shock and progression of chaos that her life became and how love illuminated her path to healing and aligning with those who could help her and her parents.

The stamina of Love has no measure, no rhyme, no reason.  The power of Love is infinite, powerful and all healing.  If we could harness the power of the energy of love as a viable, natural energy source, the struggles of our planet would be over.  In her own way, Jacqueline harnesses the power of Love to not only bring her comfort, but to guide her and pave the way for others before her story ends. As you turn the final pages you find yourself held in a safe space to face and stop the downward spiral of the pain of feeling helpless and powerless. 

Dementia and Alzheimer statistics are staggering and will touch everyone in some way.  ElderRage is one stop shopping with a plethora of resources and facts to light your way through the darkness of uncertainty. To order your copy, click here.

I hope you'll be able to join Jacqueline and I as we discuss how she gave her power away to fear and then took it back with a vengeance tonight on the Spiritual Whispers radio show.  Click here to set a reminder.

May the light within you glow brightly to dissipate the darkness of the fear of feeling powerless and helpless.

In love and light,
Kate

No comments: