Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Princess in My Life...

 Everyone on the planet of Mother Earth is experiencing to some degree life events that are forcing choices of love or fear.  All forms of relationships are shifting - some are ending, some are beginning while some are simply changing to something different than they were before.  It is up to us as to whether we perceive these changes as good or bad.  The term "relationship" includes relationships with money, health and jobs as well as relationships with people.

In April my 91 year old grandmother got pneumonia and our family had to face the reality that she could no longer be left alone while family members worked outside the home.  She needed someone to be with her all the time, so my daughter and I stepped up to be her caregivers. We packed up the car, drove to Arkansas from Colorado, rented a house in the town where she lived with other family members and moved her in with us.

After caring for her for only a few days it was determined that she is now "failing to thrive" so Hospice is helping us.  Through Hospice we've received guidance as to our role as caregivers during this time of body shutdown.  We are no longer freaking out about grandma's blood pressure being high - erratic blood pressure is now our normal. The shift of what is "normal" has been a little disconcerting - like high blood pressure, inability to communicate, failure to swallow food or even to maintain hydration with liquids. These are the painful aspects of this time.

Then there is the joy of laughter. Grandma is our Princess now - she has a new Princess Bed (hospital bed), Princess Chair (wheelchair) and Princess Power Panties ("Depends" - I think we have a new marketing theme for people with dementia: Princess Power Panties for women and King Power Pants for men!).  Grandma has an amazing sense of humor and teases us often.  There have been many times in the past nineteen days that I've laughed with her so hard that my ribs are sore!

Through all the pain and the joy everything is laced with a deep love that has no measure. As I sit beside grandma's recliner in the little red chair from my mom's Sunday School class (yes, that makes the chair about 65 years old - Hmmm... better be more careful sitting in that chair!) and I look into her beautiful blue eyes, time stops and we reside "in the moment" safely supported in the palm of God...

...and...

...there are no worries - no life, no death, no humidity, no family drama, no guilt from not working at my desk, no longing for a life left behind in Colorado, no pain - only the power of "this moment" of unconditional love.

As our physical world time ticks away, grandma's light grows brighter - bursting forth with a beautiful glow when she laughs.

...and we are blessed.

Jesse and I are profoundly blessed with this time with grandma, yet we are still human.  Throughout this journey our Worry Angels have worked overtime taking our worries and concerns.  The 5 Day Mini Vacation with Your Angels program has helped to open my heart to the miracles of the pure love of this magical time together.  I use the gifts from the five day program every day!  Each night my Worry Angel, Paul, stands beside my bed to take all my worries and concerns, I embrace all that I am grateful for, relax into the unconditional loving arms of my angels to heal the wounds of the day, work with Mother Earth to heal the earth beneath my feet and set my intention to create love filled moments with others.

As each of you experience your defining life choices, know that you are fully supported by bands of angels, guides and loved ones of the angelic realm.  They are with you to guide you and help you as they have helped us to discover the perfection in the shifting of relationships - the shifting of life.

I want to send a huge thank you to everyone for your patience with my getting settled in Arkansas to care for my Princess.  It took much longer than I anticipated to get my office set up.  I also want to thank everyone for your prayers, love and support as Jesse and I share this special joy filled, yet very painful time as Grandma's spirit prepares to return to the angelic realm.

In love and light,
Kate

No comments: